- MUSHROOM SAUCE
- 3 cups mushrooms, measured sliced (180-200 grams)
- 1/2 small brown onion
- 1/2 small bunch fresh parsley
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 1 cup Pureharvest Activated Almond Milk Unsweetened
- 2 tsp Tamari
- 3 tbsp nutritional yeast
- 2 tsp cornflour
- Pinch of salt & pepper
- 1-2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil for cooking
- 2 servings Pasta of choice – pictured is gluten free brown rice spaghetti
- 2 cups diced pumpkin – OPTIONAL (can add other veggies if you like)
( Recipe and images Copyright Pureharvest 2018)
- If you’re using the pumpkin, start the recipe by getting this into the oven to roast. Drizzle in a
little olive oil, spread out over a tray and bake at 180C until soft.
- Prepare for the mushroom sauce by whisking together the almond milk and Cornflour,
and then set this aside. Also finely chop up about half of the parsley leaves.
- Finely slice the onion and garlic. Heat up a fry pan to a high heat and add 1 tbsp of olive oil.
Add the onion and garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes or until the garlic smells fragrant and the
onion is just translucent. Add the sliced mushrooms, dried thyme and another tablespoon of
olive oil, and cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the mushrooms are browning and
- Reduce the heat of the stove to low-moderate. Sprinkle over the nutritional yeast, tamari and
a grind of black pepper (don’t add salt now as you’ll want to check how salty the tamari will
make it). Stir the mixture so everything is incorporated.
- Grab the cornflour/almond milk mixture. Give it a quick whisk to ensure the flour is mixed in,
then pour it into the pan. Stir everything together, and the sauce should bubble and thicken.
Sprinkle in the chopped parsley leaves. Continue to cook until the sauce is thickened to your
liking then remove from the heat. Taste test and season with salt and pepper as necessary.
- Cook pasta according the packet instructions. Once the pasta is cooked and drained, return
it to the cooking pot and stir through half the mushroom sauce, and add the roasted pumpkin
in too if using it. This can be done over a low heat on the stove to warm everything up.
- Divide the pasta between two serving bowls. Top with the remaining mushroom sauce and
the rest of the fresh parsley. Serve!
(Recipes and Images Copyright Chef Pureharvest 2018)
Ingredients 1/2 cup nut butter (we used almond) 1 cup mashed banana (about 2 medium sized bananas) 1 cup frozen berries 2 cups oats 1/2 cup buckwheat flour 1 tsp baking soda 1/2 cup Pureharvest Oat Milk 2 tbsps Pureharvest Rice Malt Syrup 1 tsp vanilla essence...
Ingredients MUSHROOM SAUCE 3 cups mushrooms, measured sliced (180-200 grams) 1/2 small brown onion 1/2 small bunch fresh parsley 1 clove garlic 1 tsp dried thyme 1 cup Pureharvest Activated Almond Milk Unsweetened 2 tsp Tamari 3 tbsp nutritional yeast 2 tsp...
Ingredients 1/2 cup Pureharvest Aussie Dream Rice Milk Unsweetened 150 g frozen banana, cut into chunks 1/2 cup frozen berries 1 tbsp peanut butter, or fave nut butter 1 medjool date Instruction Blend all of the ingredients until smooth. Pour into a bowl. Top with...
Ingredients Coconut Rice 1 cup PUREHARVEST COCO QUENCH Coconut Milk 1 cup (250ml) Thai jasmine rice or basmati rice or other long grain rice 2 tsp sunflower oil 2 cloves of garlic, minced 1 onion, chopped 1 tsp minced fresh ginger 1/2 tsp salt Stir Fry 2 cups prepared...
Ingredients 2 slices bread of choice - grainy gluten free bread is pictured 75 ml Pureharvest Golden Quench (just under ⅓ cup) 1 large egg 1 tsp vanilla extract 1/2 tsp cinnamon - OPTIONAL 1 tbsp Coconut oil, for cooking Generous drizzle Pureharvest Rice Malt Syrup ,...