60g Sunreal raisins
250g self-raising flour or gluten free self-raising flour
Pinch of salt
25g caster sugar
1.5 teaspoon vanilla essence
Plain flour to dust work surface
- Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (fan-forced 180°C) and line a tray with baking paper.
- Add the flour, salt and butter into a bowl and rub until it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Mix in the sugar and raisins. Pour in almost all the milk and all the almond extract until you have a dough.
- Turn the dough out onto a lightly floured work surface and cut into 12 using a cookie cutter.
- Put the scones on the tray and glaze with left over milk and cook for 10-15 minutes.
(Recipes and Images Copyright Chef Jimmy Boswell 2014)
Ingredients 200g Sunreal Pitted Dates or Prunes 1/4 cup mango chutney (I use spicy mango chutney for an added twist) 8-10 slices streaky bacon tooth picks to secure the bacon to the dates Instructions Coat the dates with mango chutney and set aside. With the flat edge...
Ingredients 60g Sunreal raisins 250g self-raising flour or gluten free self-raising flour Pinch of salt 55g Butter 25g caster sugar 150ml milk 1.5 teaspoon vanilla essence Plain flour to dust work surface Instructions Pre-heat the oven to 200°C (fan-forced 180°C) and...
Ingredients 1/2 cup Sunreal dried diced apricots 1/4 cup Sunreal dried cranberries 3 cups plain untoasted muesli 1/2 cup desiccated coconut 1/2 cup chopped pistachios 1/3 cup caster sugar 1 egg, lightly beaten 1 1/4 cups self-raising flour 185g butter, chopped 1/2 cup...
Ingredients 8 Sunreal dried apricots 1/4 cup Sunreal dried pitted prunes 1/4 cup Sunreal dried pitted dates 1/2 cup chopped pineapple, fresh is best 1/2 cup white wine 1/2 cup apple juice 1 star anise 1 small cinnamon stick 1 tbsp sugar Instructions Combine all the...
Ingredients 1 cup dried Sunreal dates, chopped 1 cup soft brown sugar 1/2 cup crystallized ginger, chopped if needed 110 g butter, chopped 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) 1 1/2 cups self-raising flour or 1 1/2 cups gluten free self-raising flour 1 egg, beaten...