25 g (1 oz) FRAGATA black olives, pitted and chopped
1 heaped tbsp FRAGATA capers
6 tbsp olive oil
2 large eggplants, diced
1 small onion, chopped
400-g (12 oz) Italian (Roma) tomatoes, skinned, diced and blitzed in a food processor
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ head celery, chopped
2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
200-g (8 oz) cooked chicken or turkey. You can also use tuna.
¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley to garnish
- Heat olive oil/ghee in a pan, add eggplant and fry until lightly coloured. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Add onion to the pan and fry gently, stirring, for 5–7 minutes until soft. Add tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in vinegar and sugar and season to taste. Simmer the sauce for 15–20 minutes, until well reduced and richly coloured.
- Meanwhile, blanch the celery in boiling water for 2–3 minutes. Add celery to the pan together with eggplant, capers, olives and pine nuts, stirring well to mix. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and cook gently for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- If the mixture appears too dry or the vegetables show signs of sticking, add a little chicken or turkey stock (broth) but avoid making the stew too wet. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the stew into a bowl.
- Allow to cool, then cover tightly and chill for at least 24 hours. Bring the stew to room temperature before serving. Adjust the seasoning and transfer to a serving dish.
- Flake the meat into large chunks and scatter on top. Garnish with plenty of chopped fresh parsley
(Recipes and Images Copyright Chef Jimmy Boswell 2014)
Ingredients 12 FRAGATA pitted black olives, chopped 2 tbsp FRAGATA capers ¼ cup olive oil 1 medium onion, chopped 400g Italian (Roma) tomatoes, skinned, diced and crushed with juice 4 snapper fillets or firm white fish of choice ½ cup white wine or vegetable stock 1...
Ingredients ¼ cup Wine Vinegar 235g FRAGATA Pitted black Olives 6 firm, ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped 3 Lebanese cucumbers, unpeeled, coarsely chopped 1 red onion, sliced 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped 220g feta cheese, coarsely chopped 1 tsp...
Ingredients 25 g (1 oz) FRAGATA black olives, pitted and chopped 1 heaped tbsp FRAGATA capers 6 tbsp olive oil 2 large eggplants, diced 1 small onion, chopped 400-g (12 oz) Italian (Roma) tomatoes, skinned, diced and blitzed in a food processor 3 tbsp red wine vinegar...
Ingredients ½ cup FRAGATA Pitted black olives 1 kg roasting potatoes, washed, halved or quartered 1 small onion, diced 4 cloves garlic, chopped 1 capsicum, chopped 1/3 cup raisins (dark or golden) handful of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved handful of baby spinach...
Ingredients 1 cup FRAGATA Pimiento stuffed green olives, drained and diced 2 large firm fillets of fish e.g. Monk, cut into large pieces 1 small onion, cut in to thin slices 3 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and diced olive or coconut oil 1/2 cup white wine 2 large...