25 g (1 oz) FRAGATA black olives, pitted and chopped
1 heaped tbsp FRAGATA capers
6 tbsp olive oil
2 large eggplants, diced
1 small onion, chopped
400-g (12 oz) Italian (Roma) tomatoes, skinned, diced and blitzed in a food processor
3 tbsp red wine vinegar
1 tbsp honey
salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
¼ head celery, chopped
2 tbsp pine nuts, toasted
200-g (8 oz) cooked chicken or turkey. You can also use tuna.
¼ cup chopped fresh Italian parsley to garnish
- Heat olive oil/ghee in a pan, add eggplant and fry until lightly coloured. Drain on paper towel and set aside.
- Add onion to the pan and fry gently, stirring, for 5–7 minutes until soft. Add tomatoes. Simmer for 5 minutes, then stir in vinegar and sugar and season to taste. Simmer the sauce for 15–20 minutes, until well reduced and richly coloured.
- Meanwhile, blanch the celery in boiling water for 2–3 minutes. Add celery to the pan together with eggplant, capers, olives and pine nuts, stirring well to mix. Cover the pan with a tight-fitting lid and cook gently for 30 minutes, stirring regularly.
- If the mixture appears too dry or the vegetables show signs of sticking, add a little chicken or turkey stock (broth) but avoid making the stew too wet. Remove the pan from the heat and transfer the stew into a bowl.
- Allow to cool, then cover tightly and chill for at least 24 hours. Bring the stew to room temperature before serving. Adjust the seasoning and transfer to a serving dish.
- Flake the meat into large chunks and scatter on top. Garnish with plenty of chopped fresh parsley
(Recipes and Images Copyright Chef Jimmy Boswell 2014)
Ingredients ¼ cup Wine Vinegar 235g FRAGATA Pitted black Olives 6 firm, ripe tomatoes, coarsely chopped 3 Lebanese cucumbers, unpeeled, coarsely chopped 1 red onion, sliced 1 red capsicum, halved, deseeded, coarsely chopped 220g feta cheese, coarsely chopped 1 tsp...
Ingredients 25 g (1 oz) FRAGATA black olives, pitted and chopped 1 heaped tbsp FRAGATA capers 6 tbsp olive oil 2 large eggplants, diced 1 small onion, chopped 400-g (12 oz) Italian (Roma) tomatoes, skinned, diced and blitzed in a food processor 3 tbsp red wine vinegar...
Ingredients ½ cup FRAGATA Pitted black olives 1 kg roasting potatoes, washed, halved or quartered 1 small onion, diced 4 cloves garlic, chopped 1 capsicum, chopped 1/3 cup raisins (dark or golden) handful of grape or cherry tomatoes, halved handful of baby spinach...
Ingredients 1 cup FRAGATA Pimiento stuffed green olives, drained and diced 2 large firm fillets of fish e.g. Monk, cut into large pieces 1 small onion, cut in to thin slices 3 cloves garlic, peeled, smashed and diced olive or coconut oil 1/2 cup white wine 2 large...
Ingredients 200g Sunreal Pitted Dates or Prunes 1/4 cup mango chutney (I use spicy mango chutney for an added twist) 8-10 slices streaky bacon tooth picks to secure the bacon to the dates Instructions Coat the dates with mango chutney and set aside. With the flat edge...